Lamb or mutton keema is quite a famous dish world wide. Made with minced lamb. People generally like to eat keema with roti or rice but keema rolls are equally famous too. Today Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra is sharing a wonderful recipe of pita bread stuffed with keema. Its like a keema sandwich and is a very fulfilling and delicious complete meal.
So try this as am absolutely sure will become an instant hit with your family & frinds and kids will love it too. Quite easy to do at home.
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Cook Time Total Time Yields
30 mins 30 mins 4 Serving
Minced Lamb – 400 grams
Onion – 1 medium (very finely chopped)
Black pepper – a twist
Green chili – 1 (finely chopped)
Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon (optional)
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon (crushed)
Garam masala – 2 teaspoon
Fresh coriander – handful (finely chopped)
Pita breads – 4cheddar cheese – 8 slices
- Using a fork, mix lamb, onion, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, in a large bowl. Cover and chill for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the griddle pan by smearing on a little oil with some kitchen roll. Then begin to heat to a medium heat.
- Open each pitta pocket by cutting along one side.
- With a spoon fill each pitta with the spiced lamb. Make sure you spread it right to the edges. Press the pitta closing it up.
- Grill the pitta breads until the filling is cooked through and bread is crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
Note: Delicious lamb pita toasties or keema rolls are enjoy to serve and enjoy. Bon Apatite!
Recipe & picture courtesy: Chef Hari Ghotra