Mulled wine is a European drink where wine is mulled with spices, its quite popular in UK too. Its very sought after drinks during Christmas or Halloween too and people like in winter too. It can be served hot or warm and can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic nature. Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra brings a great recipe for mulled wine for you.
Its easy to make and can be enjoyed in the comfort of your home. Great recipe to serve on festivals or during winter time to guests too. So try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
10 mins 20 mins 30 mins 4 Serving
Red wine – 2 bottles
Castor sugar – 200 grams
Clementine – 1
Orange – 1
Lemon – 1
Cloves whole – 6
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Bay leaves – 2
Nutmeg – 1 whole
Star anise – 2
- Put the sugar in a large saucepan throw in the cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, star anise and about 10-12 gratings of nutmeg.
- Peel large parts of the clementine, orange and lemon and add the peel to the pan.
- Pour in enough wine to cover the sugar and leave it to simmer until all the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring the wine to a rolling boil for 4-5minutes to infuse all the spice flavour into the wine and turn into a rich dark syrup and will smell amazing.
- Once it’s thick reduce the heat and pour in the remaining wine then heat it through for 5 minutes. Ladle into glasses and serve to your loved ones.
Note: Delicious Mulled wine is ready to be served and enjoyed, serve hot or warm per choice. Enjoy!
Recipe & Picture courtesy: Chef Hari Ghotra