Courgette or zucchini is a great veggie, it’s a summer squash and in England a completely grown zucchini is also called a marrow. Its quite a healthy vegetable and is low in calories. Today we have a great recipe by Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra where she has used zucchini to make delicious fritter combined with peas, a rare combination, right?
This recipe can be done easily at home and will make an excellent and incredibly delicious snack. Quite a prefect dish for making for parties too, so try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Cook Time Total Time Yields
30 mins 30 mins 4 Serving
Courgettes – 2 medium (grated)
Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
Frozen peas – 50 grams (defrosted)
Garlic cloves – 2 (finely chopped)
Green chili – 1 (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander – handful (chopped)
Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Plain flour or gram flour – 100 grams
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Oil for cooking
- Grate the courgette and place it in a colander in the sink, squeezing out any excess water.
- In a bowl mix together the grated courgette, onion, peas, garlic, salt, chili, coriander, chili powder, garam masala and cumin seeds.
- Gently sift in the flour and baking powder and mix. Squeeze and mix everything together. If it’s a little dry add a touch of water.
- Make small or jumbo balls and gently press to flatten (it will be sticky).
- In a non-stick pan heat oil and shallow fry fritters.
Note: Cook on the first side until golden then flip and cook the other side, super delicious courgette or zucchini peas fritters are ready to serve, can be served as snack with coriander or mint chutneys or simple with ketchup too, Bon Apatite!
Recipe & Picture courtesy: Chef Hari Ghotra