There are desserts which simply look gorgeous and we want to taste them right away, tarts are usually every one’s favourite and if the dessert is gorgeous looking & incredibly delicious then it leaves us craving for more & more.
One of the best pastry chefs, Master Chef Elena Krasnova has shared a wonderful dessert recipe. Tart with spiced caramel & Jasmine Pears, wow simply sounds yum and it is actually delicious too. If you follow the instructions, then you can also prepare this great dessert at home & treat your family. So try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Total Time Yields
12 hours 45 mins 12 hours 45 mins 4 Serving
Unsalted Butter 170g
Caster Sugar 150g
Egg Yolks 70g
Plain Flour 230g
Baking Powder 22g
- Mix the butter and caster sugar in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add the egg yolks, salt and then finally the flour and baking powder.
- Mix until the dough just comes together – do not over mix.
- Press the dough in a flat square, wrap and chill for an hour before rolling out. Lightly dust the bench with flour and roll out the pastry to a 10mm thickness.
- Cut with an 8 cm cutter ring.
- Place the pastry on a perforated tray lined with a Silpain mat. Bake inside the tart rings at 170°C for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with cocoa butter to ensure the pastry stays crunchy and run a knife around the edge of the ring while it is still hot to remove it.
Whipping cream 140g
Pinch of Sea Salt
Unsalted butter 80g
- Boil the cream with the cut and scraped vanilla bean, star anise and sea salt.
- Dry caramelise the sugar by placing it in a saucepan on a medium heat, stirring it slowly as it melts and caramelises.
- Pour the boiled cream over the caramel and remove it from the heat.
- Remove the star anise then add in the glucose and butter and whisk to combine.
- Place the caramel in a bowl with plastic wrap touching the surface.
Pears in Jasmine Syrup
Make the syrup a day in advance
Jasmine tea 10g
- Bring to a boil all ingredients and put aside for one night covered with plastic wrap.
Pears deseeded/ catted in cubes 500g
Lemon juice 15g
Liquor of pears 30% 50g
- Caramelise sugar in the saucepan and add cubes of pears. Cook for 15 min on a medium heat.
- Strain for 10 min and place in the jasmine syrup. Leave for 12 hours.
- Strain again and put in the saucepan. Heat with the mix of pectin and sugar. Remove from the heat and add lemon juice and liquor.
- Mold right away in the silicone molds demi spheres.
- Freeze over night.
- Unmold and glaze right away with apricot neutral glaze.
Whipped cream with white chocolate
Whipping cream 200g
White chocolate 75g
- Boil cream and poor over white chocolate. Mix and cool down till 5C. Whip in the mixer till medium pick.
Instructions for Assembly:
- Pipe the small amount of caramel in the middle of Breton tarts.
- Place the glazed pear domes on top.
- Put the whipping cream with white chocolate in the piping bag with tip St. Honoré and pipe petals around the dome
Note: Enjoy this wonderful & extremely delicious tart dessert at home. Bon Apatite!
Picture & recipe courtesy: Pastry Chef Elena Krasnova