Having veggies in your every day diet is really important, some of us don’t like having them tough. Best is to try and make veggies in a simple way which can still taste delicious and stay nutritious. This carrot peas veggie is one such kind.
This is a very simple recipe which Chef Hari Ghotra has done beautifully. Very healthy and great for kids too. A very nice side dish which mostly every one would love to have and will surely be a hit with the family. So try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 25 mins 45 mins 4
Mustard oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Ginger – 2 cm piece (julienned)
Chili 1 (finely chopped)
Carrots- 2 (peeled and sliced into batons)
Peas – 2 handfuls (fresh or frozen)
Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a karahi, wok or pan and add mustard seeds. As they begin to pop add cumin seeds.
- When sizzling and fragrant reduce the heat and stir in the sliced ginger, green chilli and the carrots and the peas to the pan and stir.
- Turn the heat down and add turmeric and salt – fry for a few minutes.
- Add approximately 50ml of water cover and leave to cook for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- If any liquid remains in the pan increase the heat and fry off.
- Adjust seasoning if required. Sprinkle with garam masala and serve.
Note: A very simple yet extremely delicious & nutritious side dish is ready to serve with the main course. Enjoy with family & friends, Bon Apatite!
Recipe & picture courtesy: Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra