Quinoa is one of the healthiest food, widely used normally in middle eastern cuisines but nowadays it is accepted as a part of other cuisines too worldwide.
We have a great recipe of quinoa cucumber salad by Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra, she has mixed both to get a truly great recipe. The only precaution which needs to be taken while cooking any recipe with quinoa is to wash it well enough to get the bitter coating out. Try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 25 mins 45 mins 4
Quinoa – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups (to cook in)
Salt to taste
Butter – 1 teaspoon
Cucumber – ½
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Asafetida – ¼ teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cashew nuts – 2 tablespoons
Green chili – 1
Coconut – handful (grated)
Coriander – handful (chopped)
- Wash the quinoa in three changes of water to get rid of the bitter coating. Leave it to soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Bring the water (2 parts to 1 part Quinoa) to the boil and add the quinoa, salt and a knob of butter to it.
- When it starts to boil reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the cucumber and scoop out the seeds with a spoon – chop into a fine dice and set to one side.
- In a small pan heat, the oil and add the asafetida, mustard seeds, cashew nuts and green chilies.
- Once toasted (few seconds) pour this into the cooked quinoa and fork it through.
- Add the cucumber, grated coconut and lemon juice and mix it all through.
- Sprinkle in the fresh chopped coriander and serve.
Note: Delicious Quinoa salad is ready, healthy and easy to cook. Bon Apatite!
Picture & recipe source: Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra