Come Summer and we all look for chilled drinks to beat the heat, people generally for lemonade, different types of flavoured water or chilled juices. Watermelon is always a good choice as a summer fruit and its juice too is very soothing. In India we call juices sometimes sharbat too and today we have watermelon-fennel or tarbooz-saunf sharbat.
We have a great summer cooler recipe from Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra, watermelon juice with fennel flavour, wow the result is super cool. Easy to do at home and best way to beat the heat. So try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
05 mins 15 mins 20 mins 4
Fennel seeds – 1 teaspoon
Sugar – 2 tablespoon
Water – 150 ml
Watermelon 1 (chopped with seeds removed)
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- In a small frying pan toast the fennel seeds over medium heat, until the they are fragrant about a minute.
- In a pan add the water and sugar and bring to the boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the fennel seeds and leave to simmer until the water has reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat and set to one side for a few minutes.
- In a blender puree the watermelon with the fennel syrup, lemon juice, and salt.
- Transfer to a jug and stir, leave to chill.
- Serve the sharbat in a glass over ice.
Note: Delicious & super soothing watermelon ice cooler is ready to serve, enjoy with family & friends.
Recipe & picture courtesy: Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra