Everyone loves desserts and gets sweet cravings all the time. We have a wonderfully delicious dessert recipe for all apricot lovers, shared by MasterChef Elena Krasnova, globally well-known for her simple yet incredible desserts.
In this dessert recipe Elena has used apricots, passion fruits & mangoes to prepare a beautiful blend which simply leaves everyone in awe with this dish. Try this exotic dessert, it’s doable surely at home. Make and treat your family & friends with a dessert which they will love to have again & again!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 30 mins 5 hours 50 mins 5 hours 4 Serving
Confits with Apricot & Passion Fruit: For 15 cms diameter ring –
Fresh Apricots – 430 g (deseeded and cut into 4 pieces)
Passion fruit puree – 50 g
Mango Puree – 150 g
Pectin – 6 g
Sugar – 120 g
- Cook all ingredients together. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour into ring and freeze.
- The apricots must be very firm and keep the shape after cooking.
- When pouring into the ring, do not even up, the apricots must stick out of the confit and give shape to the top.
Reconstructed sugar dough crunch:
White chocolate – 50g
Coco butter – 20g
Sugar dough cooked till golden and
processed in Robotcoop – 210g
Feuilletine – 50g (taken from a French word & pronounced as foo-ye-teen, they are crispy thin shards of sugar cones)
Dry apricots catted in small pieces – 20g
- Melt coco butter and chocolate on water bath and mix to the dry ingredients. Put all in the 22cm tart ring and flatten with spatula.
- Put in the fridge for 30 min.
Puree Coco – 140g
Rum Malibu – 30g
Gelatin – 6g
Crème – 120g
Cold Italian Meringue:
Egg whites – 60g
Sugar – 60g
Trimoline – 40g (inverted sugar)
- Beat whites and sugar till soft peak and mix in trimoline. Continue to beat till firm.
- Hydrate gelatin then heat it in microwave and poor into coconut puree.
- Beat cream till soft peak. Mix Italian meringue with jellified coco puree.
- Then with whipped cream and lastly add Malibu.
- Pour into 20 cm ring and freeze for 5 hours minimum.
- Glaze frozen mousse with white titan glaze. At the base apply dry coconuts. Put on top of reconstructed dough base.
- Heat the mirror neutral glaze till almost boiling. Take frozen apricots and with help of knife plunge it upside-down to hot glaze.
- Then put on top of mousse base.
- Decorate with white chocolate.
Note: Truly delicious dessert is ready to serve, an absolute delight for all apricot & mango lovers to soothe their sweet cravings. Bon Apatite!
Recipe & Picture courtesy: MasterChef Elena Krasnova