Just thinking of a great dessert brings a big smile on our faces, when we taste & eat one, then it brings an ultimate happiness and satisfaction. Some of the best recipes come from the great pastry chefs who are real genius of the baking world.
Today we present a beautiful dessert from MasterChef Elena Krasnova– Honey cake which also goes by the name Medovik in Russia. Made with Honey biscuits, honey creameux & vanilla mousse, it’s a true delight. Incredibly delicious and also doable at home. It may look lengthy process but once you try you will be able to make a great dessert right in your own kitchens too. So try this and treat your family & friends!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 30 mins 5 hours 50 mins 5 hours 4 Serving
Eggs – 150 g
Sugar – 300 g
Butter – 50 g
Flour – 600 g
Honey – 150 g
Baking Soda – 8 g
- Mix eggs & sugar in the mixer.
- Cook all on water bath (except flour) till it turns golden color.
- Add flour and keep in fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll thinly. Bake at 428°F (220°C) for 4 minutes.
- You will get an output of 2 full sheet size biscuits.
Milk – 600 g
Vanilla Bean – 2
Honey – 165 g
Egg yolks – 90 g
Sugar – 23 g
Corn starch – 45 g
Gelatin mass – 42 g
Butter – 240 g
- Cold infuse vanilla into milk one night before.
- Heat milk and honey.
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar and corn starch.
- Cook egg mixture with milk till 85°
- Pour over gelatin mass.
- At 50°C add butter and emulsify with hand blender.
- Pour over on the first layer of biscuits in the frame and then put the 2nd layer of biscuits on top to cover it and freeze for 1 hour.
Milk -390 g
Vanilla bean – 3
Gelatin mass – 84 g
White chocolate – 550 g
Cream – 540 g
- Heat milk with scrapped vanilla.
- Pour over white chocolate and gelatin mass.
- Emulsify with hand blender.
- Cool till 40°C and fold in whipped cream.
- Pour over the second layer of biscuits and freeze overnight.
Honey Cake Décor / Assembly:
Whipped cream with sweet condensed milk:
Cream – 150 g
Condensed milk – 50 g
Hazelnut microwave cake:
Hazelnut praline – 200g
Egg whites – 180 g
Almond flour – 60 g
- Mix all ingredients together. Strain into a siphon.
- Charge with 2 N2O chargers and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make 3 small cuts in the base of a paper cup, shake the siphon and fill the cup 1/3 full. Cook for 40 seconds in the microwave.
Note: Delicious honey Cake is ready to serve. A truly marvellous dish from MasterChef Elena. Enjoy with family and friends, Bon Apatite!
Recipe & Picture courtesy: MasterChef Elena Krasnova
Categories: Cakes & Patisserie