What do we look for during the summer season to give us comfort from the hot weather, well anything drink or a nice lemonade. Well, sorbets are soothing too and if it happens to be lemon sorbet, then it’s any day better as lemon and summer drinks go very well hand in hand.
We have a great lemon sorbet recipe from Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra to soothe you during summer season. Very easy & quick to make, it can bring an instant smile to anyone’s face. So try this and treat your family & friends!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 20 mins 40 mins 4 Serving
Water – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 1-2 cups
Grated lemon rind – 1 tablespoon
- Place the water and sugar in a pan and set over a medium heat to dissolve all the sugar
- Once it has fully dissolved remove from the heat and leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the lemons and stir the juice and rind it into the syrup. Stir it through.
- Once cooled pour the mixture into the freezer bowl of your ice-cream maker and leave to churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the ice cream has frozen to form ice crystals put it into a freezer container (it will still be fairly soft), cover and freeze until it sets.
Note: Freshly made lemon sorbet is ready to serve, perfect for enjoying a lazy summer day with family & friends. Enjoy!