Are you fond of parfaits? Well they look great and of course are great to eat too. Pistachio is quite a well-known and well-liked flavor for savoury dishes as well as desserts. Praline too, is also quite a favorite flavor, so when these two are combined to make a dessert, then the result is surely going to be insanely delicious.
We have a great dessert recipe from Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra, who has done wonders by combining with these flavors to make an excellent dessert recipe. You can try this recipe at home and it will be positively a winner with your family, friends and especially kids. So try this!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 20 mins 40 mins 4 Serving
Caster sugar – 100 g
Unsalted pistachios – 55 g
vegetable oil for greasing
Free-range eggs – 2 (large, separated)
Caster sugar – 50 g
half a vanilla pod
Double cream – 200 ml.
Sugar – 100 g
Raspberries – 200 g
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Grease a sheet of baking parchment and put it on a tray.
- Crush the pistachios in a pestle and mortar – you want this lumpy not a fine powder.
- Heat a little of the sugar on a gentle heat in a pan once it melts add a little more and move the pan around to help it melt – Do not use a spoon to stir it. Continue until all the sugar has melted and it turns a lovely brown caramel color.
- Add the pistachios and pour out onto the baking parchment. Don’t worry if it’s not all smooth you will be smashing it up once it has set. Please be aware this is very hot and sticky so don’t touch it.
- Once it has cooled and set hard smash it into chunks by placing it in a bag and smashing it with a rolling pin.
- Line a 450g loaf tin with a double layer of cling film, leaving a bit of overhang.
- Put the egg yolks, 50g caster sugar and the seeds from the vanilla pod in a large bowl, then whisk with an electric mixer or a balloon whisk until thick and pale.
- In another bowl whip the cream to soft peaks and fold it gently into the egg yolk mixture using a balloon whisk.
- Whisk the egg whites in another bowl with clean beaters or a clean balloon whisk until very stiff, then gently fold them through the creamy yolk mixture with the whisk.
- Gently fold through the broken pistachio praline,
- Pour it into the tin and cover lightly with the overhanging cling film and freeze for around 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the parfait from the freezer and leave to soften for a few minutes. Unwrap the cling film on top and use it to lift the parfait from the tin. Invert onto a serving platter, then peel off the cling film. Dip a palette knife in a mug of just-boiled water to warm, wipe dry, then use the flat of the knife to smooth away the marks from the cling film
- Leave for 10 minutes to soften, then slice. Serve scattered with fresh raspberries, extra pistachios, and the raspberry sauce.
- Put the 100g sugar in a saucepan with a splash of water and heat very gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture up to the boil and bubble for 5-10 minutes until it has reduced and become syrupy.
- Stir in the raspberries and cook for a few minutes until the berries have almost completely broken down.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then push the raspberry syrup through a sieve into a mixing bowl (discard the seeds). Set aside to cool completely.
Note: Enjoy a superbly done dessert recipe by Celebrity Chef Hari Gothra, do it in the comfort of your home and treat your family & friends with a fabulous dessert, which is surely going to win many hearts, so enjoy!
Recipe & Picture courtesy: Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra