Soups are a great way to start any meal and sometimes soups are good enough as a complete meal too. We have a soup today which is not one of the regular soups served or prepared, it’s really exotic & special.
Today we have a great soup recipe by Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra, using asparagus & peas. Both asparagus & peas are healthy veggies, with such qualities that it can be almost called a superfood. They are low in calories, rich in vitamins and a great source of dietary fiber & protein. So they make this soup a very healthy soup or food alternative. So try and enjoy with family & friends!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
20 mins 20 mins 40 mins 4 Serving
1 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp plain flour
pinch cracked black pepper, or to taste
Salt to taste
oil for frying
- Heat butter in a pan and add the garlic. Cook to soften then stir in the chopped onion.
- Stir and leave to cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and roast for a minute or so to lose the rawness.
- Add 500ml of water and stir ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add the asparagus, peas, salt and pepper and bring to the boil
- Leave the pan to simmer until asparagus has cooked (about 15-20 minutes).
- Pour the soup into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour through a strainer and return to the heat for a few minutes, check seasoning then remove from the heat.
- Heat some oil to deep fry the crisps in.
- Peel the parsnip and using your peeler strip off thin slivers.
- To check the oil is hot enough place in a sliver of the parsnip into the oil. If it bubbles and crisps up its ready.
- Continue with the remaining slivers and place onto some kitchen roll to drain.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and serve on top of the soup.
Note: This incredible soup with great veggies is great to serve for lunch or dinner, served with parsnip crisps, it becomes much more delicious, so try this with family & friends and enjoy a bowl of warm & healthy soup. Bon Apatite!
Picture & recipe courtesy: Celebrity Chef Hari Ghotra