The flavour which goes hand in hand with the Christmas festive season is the Chocolate flavour. Its holiday time for kids and cakes & brownies serve as a great dessert or a perfect tea time snack or simply a comfort food any time for all age groups alike. This recipe is great Christmas treat for all chocolate loving fans and kids.
This is a great, absolutely delicious, easy to do recipe which is perfect for this festive mood and festive season. Kids would love t join you for cooking the same & learn to bake something nice in holidays. This recipe of chocolate brownies is baked with Dark & White Chocolate, ground flax seed and nuts blended perfectly with vanilla flavor, so try these and treat your family with utterly delicious brownies and enjoy them any time!
Step-by-Step Easy & Quick Recipe –
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time Yields
15 mins 25 mins 40 mins 12 Serving
Plain flour – 125 g
Castor sugar – 200 g
Unsalted butter – 200 g
Eggs – 3
Cocoa powder – 50 g
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Dark chocolate 250 g (chopped)
Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans)– 50 g (chopped), (optional)
Flaxseed meal – 1 tablespoon (optional)
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon (optional)
Frozen raspberries – 1 cup (optional)
White chocolate bits – ½ cup (optional)
Brandy – 20 ml. (slightly heated)
Icing sugar – to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and prepare a tin with greaseproof baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add chopped dark chocolate pieces and butter. Place this bowl over a pan of simmering hot water, keep stirring till it melts. Now add the chopped nuts & flaxseed and stir well.
- In another large bowl, sift the flour & cocoa powder and mix well. baking powder, mix well.
- Using an electric mixer beat the eggs & sugar well until light & fluffy. Add chocolate & butter mixture with nuts, once it blends well together, fold in the flour & cocoa powder & brandy (optional) and mix till it all attains a silky consistency.
- Now pour half the mixture into the baking pan, sprinkle with raspberries, white chocolate bits. Pour over the remaining mixture on top now.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until it becomes just firm to touch. Allow to cool and then transfer to a chopping board and cut into square or triangle pieces per choice.
Note: These brownies can be served either with crème fraiche or simply dusted with icing sugar using any of the dusting stencils to make them look more tempting. Some people like their brownies to be gooey, they can bake them for lesser time 20-25 minutes, check & keep the firmness to their choice. If you are in more festive spirits, then add brandy too. Bon Apatite!
Categories: Cakes & Patisserie