Pineapples are delicious on their own and there are so many ways you can use pineapples to savour your meals all summer long! Grilled pineapples work best as a side dish but if you want something quick and easy to make for dessert, try grilling it and serving it with some vanilla ice cream on the side!
- Honey – 2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Fresh Lime Juice – 2 Tbsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 Tbsp (optional)
- Pineapple Slices, 1/2 inch thick – 8 to 10 slices
- Heat the grill or a grill pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray. If you’re planning to barbecue the pineapples, make sure the bars of the barbecue are clean – especially if you’ve been cooking fish or meat beforehand.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, olive oil, lime juice, and cinnamon (optional) and mix. Set aside.
- Lightly brush the pineapple with the marinade. Grill turning once and brush with the remaining marinade, until tender and golden, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Tastes best when served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top!
Recipe and Post By: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro