Lavender is known to be a grand herb which can add a lovely flavour to salads, teas, cakes, etc! Not only the herb is ambrosial, it has tons of medical qualities as well – lavender helps to sleep better, relax and cures headaches. The fragrance of lavender is highly soothing and calming and hence, used popularly in essential oils, soaps and lotions.
Many of us suffer from the stifling summer heat and often develop headaches due to dehydration, it is always recommended to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to avoid the stressed-out-muggy-weather feeling.
This is a quick recipe of home-brewed lavender lemonade which you can enjoy just before your afternoon siesta or in the evening after a long day! It’ll help to get rid of the lethargic feeling and calm your nerves instantly! This recipe is a dieter’s delight as it has minimum calories and can work as a detox water as well!
- Honey – 1 Cup
- Water – 5 Cups
- Organic Culinary Lavender – 1 Tbsp. dried
- Freshly-Squeezed Lemon Juice – 1 cup
- Ice cubes
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- Over medium heat, boil 2-3 cups of water.
- Turn off of the heat and stir in the honey.
- Add lavender to the water and allow it to steep for 2 hours (less if you want less of a lavender taste). You can put the lavender into a tea infuser as well.
- Strain the liquid, pressing the lavender down to make sure you get all of those juices! Make sure to discard the lavender!
- In a large pitcher or jug, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice, lavender mixture and 2 cups of water.
- Add a couple drops of blue or purple food colouring if you want to make the colour pop!
- Garnish with lavender sprigs. Serve over ice.
This drink is perfect for girls-get-together parties!
Note: Do not use lavender essential oil in this recipe.
Recipe & Post By: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro