Summer is the time for all things strawberry! They are absolutely delicious by themselves, but we also adore them in all strawberry recipes, especially desserts and drinks. Strawberries work best in pies, tarts and cheesecakes!
A tip while buying strawberries is that you should pick the fragrant ones that are red from the tops to the tips, as they don’t continue to ripen after harvest!
The luscious flavour and the bright red colour make them everyone’s favourite, and not only that, strawberries go nicely from morning to night in various dishes.
Here is a beautiful recipe of Strawberry Tart which includes a baked sugar dough tart shell filled with strawberry confit and almond cream with a glazed mousse dome on top!
- For the Sugar Dough –
Butter – 150 grams
Flour – 250 grams
Eggs – 50 grams
Sugar – 100 grams
Salt – 1
- In a mixing bowl with puddle attachment, mix cold butter and flour until the sandy texture is obtained.
- Whisk by hand – sugar, eggs and salt. Pour into the mixing bowl and mix just till combined.
- Film the dough and place for minimum 1 hour in the fridge.
- Roll the dough and make one tart shell using tart ring.
- Bake at 170C for 10 minutes.
- For Almond Cream –
Butter – 50 grams
Sugar – 50 grams
Almond Flour – 50 grams
Eggs – 50 grams
- In a mixing bowl with puddle attachment, mix warm butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add almond flour and eggs one by one. Do not over mix.
- For the Sour Cream Mousse –
Sugar – 150 grams
Water – 38 Ml
Yolks – 85 grams
Gelatin Mass – 105 grams
Vanilla – 1 pod
Sour Cream – 500 grams
Cream – 500 grams
- Start whisking egg yolks in the mixer with whisk attachment.
- Cook water with sugar till 120C.
- Pour over the whisking egg yolks and continue to whisk till the mixture cools down completely.
- In a bowl, combine warm sour cream, scraped vanilla and melted gelatin mass.
- Combine with the first mixture.
- Lastly, combine with the semi whipped cream.
- Use the Eclipse mould to mould the mousse.
- Freeze over night.
- For the Strawberry Confit –
Strawberry – 500 grams
Sugar #1 – 50 grams
Pectine – 5 grams
Sugar #2 – 5 grams
- Heat the strawberries with the Sugar #1 – Hand blend, then add Sugar #2 and Pectine and boil for 5 minutes.
- Strawberry Tart – Assembly:
- Fill the baked tart shell with 1/3 Strawberry Confit and 2/3 with Almond Cream.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Cool Down.
- Put the glazed mousse dome on top and decorate with Chantilly (whipped cream) and fresh strawberries sprayed with neutral glaze.
This is a rich and lush dessert which will undoubtedly be the winner of any occasion! Enjoy the divine strawberry tart with friends and family this summer!
Recipe by: Celebrity Chef Elena Krasnova / Mon Paris Pâtisserie
Post by: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro