Truth is, I love beer. I love drinking beer while eating pizza and the concept of incorporating beer IN the pizza is the ultimate jackpot idea!
Beer comes in so many varying flavours – roast, hop, crisp, fruit-infused, etc. It could be a bit confusing as to which one to use. But it depends entirely on how strong or light you like your beer – regardless the type of the beer, the end result is going to be fantastic.
Adding beer not only infuses significantly more flavour to the crust but also adds a richer-malty punch which is definitely noticeable! Beer-infused pizza dough is certainly something I recommend every pizza lover tries at least once!
- Bread Flour – 3 cups
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Wheat Beer – 1 cup
- Dry Active Yeast – 1 packet
- Whole Milk – 3 tbs
- Olive oil – 3 tsp
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the flour, salt and sugar, mix until combined.
- Heat the beer at 110 degrees for 5 minutes in the microwave and add the yeast. Wait until the yeast foams.
- Add the beer and yeast mixture to the flour and stir until incorporated. Add the milk and 1tsp oil, mix till it forms a sticky ball.
- Knead the dough until smooth and no longer sticky. (Lightly flour the surface before kneading)
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil and add the dough. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours or until doubles in size.
- Lightly knead the dough and make it into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for another 8 to 12 hours and up to 3 days.
- To bake the pizza, preheat to 200 degrees for at least 30 minutes prior to baking the pizza.
- Roll out the pizza dough to about the size of your pizza dish. Top with your desired toppings, cheese and herbs.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. (Use a spatula to lift up edges of the dough to check)
Note: You could also experiment by adding herbs and chilli/garlic oil in the recipe instead of olive oil!
Knead the dough in advance for Bake-Your-Own-Pizza Nights!
Recipe & Post By: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro