The traditional Key Lime Pie is an American dessert which has a filling made of key lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks.
When preparing the filling, the condensed milk and the acidic lime juice react and make the filling thicker and luxuriant.
The lime juice and zest add a certain depth of flavor and fresh whipped cream with honey balance the sharp acidity. This creamy cheery pie is perfect for every mood!
- Graham Crackers/Digestive Biscuits – 10
- Unsalted Butter (Melted) – 6 Tablespoons
- Raw/Organic Honey – 5 Tablespoons
- Sea Salt – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1.5 Can
- Egg Yolks – 4 Large
- Fresh Lime Juice – 1/2 Cup
- Key Lime Zest (Grated) – 1 Teaspoon
- Heavy Cream – 2 Cups
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, crush your crackers or biscuits and combine with the butter, 2 tablespoons of honey and salt.
- Grease the pie dish with additional butter. Pour the butter-crumb mixture into the dish and evenly press to form a crust on the bottom and the sides.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Add the condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice and zest in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust then bake for 15 minutes. Allow cooling then refrigerate for minimum 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Beat the heavy cream and remaining 3 tablespoons of honey together until it holds stiff peaks.
- Evenly spread the whipped cream on top of the pie and garnish with lime zest.
- Slice and serve!
Post By – Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro