This curry is complete happiness – packed with delicious flavors of the hot spices with juicy prawns and a warm blend of coconut milk!
It is a quick and easy Kerala style curry and goes well with steamed rice or any other Indian breads!
- Prawns – 500 Grams
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Kashmiri Chili Powder – 2 Teaspoons
- Coriander Powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Onion (Sliced) – 2 Large
- Green Chilies (Cut into halves) – 1 or as per taste
- Ginger (Grated or Crushed) – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garlic Cloves (Crushed) – 1 Tablespoon or as per taste
- Curry Leaves – 1 Sprig
- Tomato (Chopped) – 1 large
- Thin coconut milk – 1 Cup
- Thick coconut milk – 1/2 Cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 Tablespoon or as per taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add onions, green chilies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves.
- Saute until onions turn golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and cook over a low flame.
- Next, add tomatoes and mix well.
- Fry until the tomatoes cook completely and then add the prawns to the mix.
- Add salt and stir continuously.
- Then, add the thin coconut milk and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the gravy turns thick. (Adjust the quantity of thin coconut milk according to the amount of gravy required.)
- Now add thick coconut milk and stir well. Cook for few minutes and bring it to just under a boil.
- Add a pinch of garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve and share!
Post By: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro