Indian Chicken Curry is a fragrant and delicious dish which bursts with flavor. It has bite-size chicken pieces and curry made with ground Indian spices, onions and tomatoes, and slow-cooked to intensify the aroma.
This earthy curry is best enjoyed with rice, parathas (Indian Flat Bread) or Naan bread!
You’ll definitely end up impressing your friends and family with this delectable authentic Chicken Curry recipe!
For the Marinade:
- Chicken (Cut into medium pieces) – 1 Kg
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt – 1 Tablespoon
For the Curry:
- Onions – 4 Large
- Tomatoes (Grated/Puréed) – 4 Large
- Garlic Cloves (Crushed) – 10-12
- Ginger (Grated) – 1½ inch Piece
- Green Chilies – 3
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tablespoon
- Bay Leaves – 2
- Cinnamon Stick – ½
- Cardamoms – 4 – 5
- Peppercorns – 8 – 10
- Cloves – 4 – 5
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 2 Tablespoons
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Coriander – for garnishing
- Mix ginger garlic paste, lime juice, and salt and apply this mixture to the chicken pieces and let it marinate for an hour.
- In a blender, blend onions, ginger, garlic and green chilies to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add all the whole spices – bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, peppercorns, and cloves.
- Add the onion paste and cook on a low flame, till it is reduced to a golden-brown paste and the oil starts to surface on the sides.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder. Cook until the tomatoes start coming together into a thick paste.
- Then add the marinated chicken, garam masala, and ½ cup water (add water according to the desired consistency).
- Bring the curry to a boil, put the lid on and let it cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 15-20 minutes or till the water evaporates.
- Once the curry is thick, switch off the flame and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander and serve!
Post By: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro