In just a few easy steps, you really can make creamy, smooth hummus at home and yes, I really do think it’s better than store-bought! Simply throw everything in a blender and pulse until smooth!
This Classic Hummus is made with chickpeas, tahini, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice makes the perfect appetizer! Serve with pita bread or use it as a sandwich spread!
- Chickpeas (Rinsed and Drained) – 1 Can
- Garlic Cloves (Crushed) – 2-4
- Tahini – 3 Tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1-2 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- Cumin (Ground) – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper – as per taste
- Water – 1/4 Cup
- In a blender, add garlic, chickpeas, salt, pepper, tahini, lemon juice and olive oil and blend until it has a thick creamy texture. Add in the water and continue blending until the hummus reaches your desired consistency, adding additional water if needed.
Put into a bowl, and with a spoon make some valleys and drizzle some olive oil on top.
You can select multiple toppings – parsley, coriander, paprika, basil pesto, pine nuts, ground cumin, ground red chili powder.
- Serve and share!
Post By: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro