Bell peppers add rich, vibrant flavors and colors to any dish they are added to! I love the medley of red, yellow and green peppers – such a summer color palette!
When these colorful gems are roasted, the flavors are taken to another level of luscious smokey-ness! It a quick and easy salad to assemble and tastes heavenly. The colours will compliment the other delicious dishes you’ll prepare!
- Yellow, Red and Green Peppers – 2 Large each
- Red Onion (Sliced) – 1 Large
- Cherry Tomatoes (Halved) – 1 Cup (Optional)
- Black Olives – 1/4 Cup
- Capers – 1/4 Cup (Optional)
- Olive Oil – 6 Tablespoons
- Balsamic Vinegar – 3 Tablespoons
- Oregano – 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Rosemary – 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Basil – 1 Tablespoon
- Parsley – 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic Clove (Crushed) – 2
- Garlic Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cayenne Pepper – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Pepper – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Fresh Basil / Coriander / Parsley Leaves – for garnishing
- Broil the peppers for 5 minutes and then rotate and turn until all sides are blistered and blackened. With a pair of tongs, place them in a bowl and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Peel off the blackened skin from the peppers and remove the stems and seeds. Cut the peppers into thin strips and add onions, cherry tomatoes, capers, and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley), crushed garlic, garlic powder, cayenne, pepper, and salt.
- Pour the vinegarette over peppers and mix.
- Garnish with basil/cilantro/parsley and serve!
Post By: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro
Categories: Soup & Salads