When it comes to fragrances, almost everyone is familiar with lavender. It is well known for its calming, tranquilizing effects. Apart from its lovely scent, Lavender was chosen for its therapeutic properties for the skin.
This recipe uses a blend of Epsom salt and Himalayan Pink Sea salt. Pink Himalayan sea salt is believed to be one of the purest forms of salt available and has hues of white, light pink and grapefruit pink!
Bath salts are incredibly easy to make. Simply add the ingredients, mix, and place in an airtight container until you are ready to use!
- Epsom Salt – 600 Grams
- Pink Sea Salt (Medium) – 100 Grams
- Pink Sea Salt (Coarse) – 100 Grams
- Lavender Essential Oil – 2 mL (about 40 drops)
- Blue and Red Gel Food Coloring – Few drops of each till you reach the desired color shade.
- Iridescent Glitter – 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Dried Lavender – 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Dried Rosemary – 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Mason Jars for storage
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Epsom salt and both sizes of pink sea salt and mix.
- Add lavender essential oil, food coloring, and glitter (optional).
- Mix the dried lavender flowers and rosemary.
- Transfer the salt to the mason jars.
- Once you’re ready to use, add a large handful to hot bath water.
- This recipe uses two sizes of pink sea salt – medium and coarse to give texture, but you can use only medium or finer salt too.
- You can create blends of essential oils of your choice!
- You can play around with the colors of your choice!
Post By: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro
Categories: Appy Blog