This bright orange berry is the real bundle of vitamins. Sea buckthorn berries are a super health food; they’re packed with antioxidants and a number of omega oils, often known as a wonder fruit.
This “Holy Fruit of the Himalayas” has been adored and preserved by native Tibetans for centuries for its extraordinary use in treating numerous medical conditions. Sea buckthorns are widely used to make medicine – for treating arthritis, improving blood pressure and lowing cholesterol.
These berries are often used in making pies, compotes, jams, lotions, teas, fruit wines, and liquors!
- Sea Buckthorn Berries – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 2/3 Cup or up to 1 cup, as per taste
- Eggs – 4 Large
- Butter – 125 Grams
- Lemon Juice – 1-2 Tablespoons (Optional)
- Water – 1/2 Cup
- In a medium saucepan, add water and the berries and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Process the berry and water mixture in the blender and then strain through a mesh sieve or muslin cloth. Discard the seeds.
- After straining the berry pulp, you should have about one cup of the juice.
- In a pan, add the butter, juice, sugar, and eggs and cook over medium heat.
- Stir frequently with a whisk, until the mixture has thickened, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool, store in sterilized jars and refrigerate up to a week.
- Serve and share!
Note: If you’re using bottled sea buckthorn juice and not berries, you might need to adjust the amount of sugar or add more of lemon juice to reach your desired taste.
Post By: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro