Greetings from Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh!
I am in Dharamsala for a short trip and it is such a relief from the torrid Delhi heat. It feels really nice to be in the mountains again! With a cool temperature of 25 Degrees C and the occasional rains, life has been good these past few days.
Apart from the wonderful weather, I am really digging the fresh produce! We’ve been buying fresh veggies and fruits every day and they are so full of flavor and color! With summer starting, mangoes are making quite an entry in everyone’s shopping bags.
I wanted to create a recipe as an excuse to try out the serveware I got from The Label Life!
Whenever you’re traveling next and have limited kitchen equipment, this dessert recipe should definitely be on your meal plan! It doesn’t require complicated cooking techniques and has lots of fresh fruits!
For the Chocolate Crumbled Cake:
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 ½ Cups
- Baking Soda – 1 Teaspoon (Levelled)
- Soda Bicarbonate – 1 Teaspoon (Levelled)
- Butter – 250 Grams
- Condensed Milk – 1 Tin
- Cocoa Powder – 4 Tablespoons
- Coca-Cola – 300-350 ML
- Pre-heat the oven at 150°C (300°F).
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, soda bicarbonate and mix well.
- Sieve this dry mixture, about 2-3 times.
- Meanwhile, grease the cake tin and dust with flour, keep aside.
- Now, beat butter and condensed milk together with an electric mixer till it is smooth and folds can be seen.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter and condensed milk and mix well. Add coke and ensure that batter is slightly runny not very thick, and no lumps are formed.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake at 220°C for 35-40 min, check after 20 minutes by inserting a knife or a toothpick, if the batter sticks, cook more till it’s done and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Once it’s done, allow it to cool down.
- With your hands, crush the cake into a crumble-like form, make sure you have few big chunks and not just crumbs entirely. Set aside.
For the Mango Yogurt:
- Yogurt (Thick) / Greek Yogurt – 150-180 Grams
- Fresh Mangoes (Diced) – 2 Large
- Sugar – 2-3 Tablespoons or as per taste
- Whip the yogurt until it thickens or reaches your desired consistency.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Once the sugar is combined, add the diced mango and mix well. You could take a few pieces and puree them to get a pulpy consistency.
- Pile up your crumbled cake into the bowl on one side, you could put bigger chunks on top.
- Add the yogurt and place few diced mangoes on the side!
- Garnishes & Toppings: Drizzle chocolate syrup, or add few mint sprigs, dry fruits, choco chips!
I am a sucker for vintage-looking crockery and cutlery, and Label Life’s collection blew me away with their elegant and aesthetic designs!
We gobbled up this dessert in no time! So happy with the serving bowl and the lovely grey color really made the yellow of the mangoes pop!
In the Photos:
Follow the link and order from The Label Life: https://goo.gl/1eeAqP
Photography Courtesy: Rahul Lal Photography for Appy Bistro
Post & Recipe: Sakshi Deswal / Appy Bistro